The primary purpose of Intrusion Detection is to ensure that when an apparent intrusion is recognised alarms are raised to notify staff and security so that relevant action can be taken.
In conjunction with CCTV, Video Surveillance and Motion Detection the intruder can often be identified and theft, litter, damage and personal assaults avoided.
Three types of alarms are; burglar, fire and safety. Today these are normally integrated and monitored electronically.
Here are some reasons why alarms will benefit you:
- Potential intruders will be deterred
- Fire, smoke and CO presence will be recognised and reported
- Occupants will be alerted through bells or other signals
- Intruders' images will be taken and stored
- External and internal keypads enable arming and disarming
- Remote monitoring centres can be notified so that relevant action and communication can be initiated
- Authorities and management will be immediately notified when an incident occurs.
Just as in access control, thorough initial assessments, as well as annual reviews, are key elements to installing, managing and evolving successful alarm systems.
Technology is accelerating so new products and functionality will continue to improve security. In particular integration with Video Surveillance and Remote Monitoring will deliver a powerful solution.
The emergence of rented, web based hosted software is making powerful solutions cost effective for even the smallest of locations.